A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone give info on Future-Net in California all I know for sure - is the pay is 65 cpl with spaces high ESL

Posted: Feb 22, 2010

About their system?  About there pay, on time, etc.?

About FutureNet - Tired&CrankyMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Pay is based on 65 cpl with spaces.
Platform is their own, Word based, easy and user friendly.
Yes, they pay on time.
Yes, it's heavy ESL - be prepared for dealing with some of the worst accounts with 95% ESL or accounts with 14 pages of specs or accounts where they still can't get the specs figured out after a year. It's a trade-off - pages of specs or tons of ESLs.

More about Futurenet
They have a tendency to overhire. When questioned about the shortage of work, they blame it on being a slow time of year across 30+ accounts (hmm, the entire year is slow?). When the work suddenly picks up, it's because lots are "out sick" coughTheycoughQuitcough, (like we're too dumb to figure this out). Don't get too comfy or excited about the work available, because they will make sure to stifle your earnings by overhiring again. It's a neverending cycle.
You are expected to work 1 day every weekend. They pay incentive rate when weekend minimum lines are met.
You are an IC, but you must adhere to a schedule.
Expect lots of e-mails.

Hope this helps.

I love FutureNet - jr

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for FutureNet for almost 2 years and love it! I get 9.5 cpl/65 character lines. I have 3 accounts and almost never run out of work. My supervisor is awesome and is completely understanding about time off/sick. Would recommend this company without a doubt.

Future Net - Gypsy widow

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Future Net. Its not bad. Work is good, lots of ESL but some of them are not hard to get. The company seems to have a lot of work and several accounts. They pay on time and have good support.

FN - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for this company when it went from YOG to MQ and now to FN and also worked QA etc for this company -- platform is great; however, work "dried up." -- work also went to a company whicch begins with a "J" - A large company but can't offer DD? -- I had to have about 3 paychecks cancelled, and reissued to my bank -- If you have HEAVY ESL experience its workable

and that company ends with an "LG" - Tired&CrankyMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Gypsy - They have a lot of work? Email sent out worrying about 1 job going out of TAT in just under 2.5 hours, hardly considered a lot of work or even enough work to go around on a consistent basis.

It doesn't seem to matter to the salaried PM, who is only worried about maintaining TAT, that you are paid on production and only earn $300 in a pay period due to overhiring causing the lack of work. Rest assured, more bodies will be hired to cover that 1 file.

Imagine a pack of 70 starving animals hovering over a scrap of food, all fighting to be the one who gets to eat that scrap.

I'll say again, the "a lot of work" situation only arises when people "are out sick" (in other words a bunch of them quit suddenly).

Give it time, when the latest hiring spree is finished, there will be no work and you'll start reading how it's a "slow time of year," but if you want work, there is 1 file available in account XYZ. ...Hurry and grab it before someone else does!
:::growl:::chomp:::snarl:::yelp:::bark:::howl:::

Anon - They have DD, but you have to qualify for it with earnings averaging greater than $500 per pay period.
could NOT have said it better. Talk about feast and famine . . . nm - mta
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Has Nuance Acquired Future-Net (California), Sten-Tel Catuogno Or MDNetwork?
Jan 02, 2015

Does anybody know if the companies mentioned will be absorbed or had been bought by Nuance recently? ...

Working In California? Info You Need To Know.
Mar 19, 2011

If you are an employee working in California with an employer in another State you need to be aware of the State of California Labor Laws. I worked for a company in FL and worked overtime for several months. They did not want to pay me time and a half. I made a phone call to the Labor Department and had my back overtime pay and penalties paid within one week. I had the same come up when I was laid off last month. I waited to get my last check for two weeks and then remembered about the ...

Any Info On U.S. Scribe Out Of Freemont, California?
Jun 21, 2010

Any info, good or bad would be great. ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Future Net - Info On This Company?
Oct 15, 2009

Any info on this company?  Pay?  Platform?  Any work there?  Any info appreciated...:) ...

Can Someone Give Any Info On DSG?
Oct 13, 2011

Can someone give any info on DSG?  Right now, I only care about if there's ASR in a big way, or now/low work in a big way.  Last ditch effort to stay in the business.  Thanks! ...

Can Someone Give Me A Little Info On The
Apr 27, 2012

Mmodal platform?  I googled screen shots because I want to see what it looks like, but could not get anything. ...

Can Anyone Give Recent Info On Webmedx?
Jul 01, 2010

Anyone running out of work?  Is pay good, schedule flexible, etc? ...

MD-IT. Can Anyone Give Me Current Info? Can't Get Much In Archives. Sm
Jul 01, 2010

I am considering testing for a position being advertised but would love to have input from those who currently or recently have been employed there.  I would like to know about their platform, can you use your own expanders, is there flexibility of scheduling, if you feel your line rate is better than average, and generally your personal thoughts about the company.  Please feel free to email me privately, I would  love to know a bit more before I invest the time in testing!  ...

Can Anyone Give Me Info On Breitner Transcription
May 04, 2014

Can anyone give me info on Breitner?  I was offered a job with them via email after testing for them (no phone interview?).... the job offer was good, better than most out there as far as my preferred schedule and money but I cannot find much info regarding how they are to work for, workflow, QA, support, etc.  Just looking for some reassuring info please.... Thank you so much! ...

California MTs......Is There Anyone Out There Who Has
Jan 30, 2011

had difficulty finding a job with an MTSO and suspect it is because you live in CA (they probably don't like the fair worker's laws we have here, ie, having to pay our benefit rate for OT, having to pay for NJA, etc). I'm addressing any MTs who have RECENTLY gotten hired by an MTSO AND live in CA.  Not ones who live in CA (like me) who have had their jobs for over 3 years or so........       ...

California Dreamin
Dec 12, 2009

Does anyone know if MQ has "cost of living adjustments" in different parts of the country or if everyone in the US makes about the same line rate range?  We were thinking of moving to Ca from Texas.  I know I make barely enough to keep my head above water here in Texas.  Wondering if the Ca MQ transcripitionists make more?  ...

California Transcription?
Feb 19, 2010

Anyone have experience with this company?  Know much about it?    Thanks! ...

Hey, Kiki, And Other California MTs
Mar 02, 2010

I, too, live in California.  I'm a level-3 MT, getting mostly ESLs and other difficult dictators.  I've brought my QA percentage down from 22 to 20% but it's impossible for me to go any lower with what I'm being routed.  It looks like our job description has changed dramatically.  Because of these new changes imposed by corporate, I'll now be getting paid 3 cents less through no fault of my own, but a different job description, not what I was hired to ...

Financial Help In California
Apr 28, 2010

Because of our situation with MQ if anyone finds that utility, rent has a shut off notice you can dial 2-1-1 and they will assist you on taking care of this immediate need.  ...

FutureNet In California
May 13, 2010

Does anyone presently work for or in the recent past worked for FutureNet out of California? They are currently hiring and I would like to know of anyone's experience working for them either as an MT or an Editor. Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, nice to work for, is the pay rate decent, etc.  Yes, I have searched the Archives, but would like more recent information if available. Thanks in advance to anyone who can supply this. ...

California Transcription
May 15, 2010

What is wrong with these people??? I am looking for anyone who has had or does have experience with this husband/wife team.  I am having a very hard time working at this place and I need to know what the deal is with these people.  Are they just RUDE or what?? ...

MTs In California - Question
Oct 20, 2010

I need to know if Keystrokes hires California MTs.  I am unable to get OT because of the generous OT laws in California so want to know which companies hire California MTs before I waste my time.   Are there MTs in California who work for Keystrokes Transcription Service?  ...

Medwrite Of California
Apr 10, 2013

Looking for information on Medwrite of California such as do they pay on time, plenty of work, etc., or should I even bother.  Thanks! ...

California NJA Compensation
Aug 07, 2013

To whoever it was that said they are compensated for NJA in California, can you give me some more info on how you found out about CA compensation for NJA?  Did your TSM or HR confirm?  How exactly do you enter it in Teamwork?  I am also a California MT with NJA almost every day.  Thanks. ...

Discrimination Against California?
Feb 06, 2014

I've seen where some companies are not interested in hiring MLSs from California (presumably because of labor laws). I'm wondering if any Nuance MLSs from California have felt some bad vibes lately? I'm wondering if they want to get rid of us. ...

Hahaha! California
May 30, 2014

Minimum wage is now $13 an hour.  That may put an end to MTSOs hiring from CA. ...

Any MTs From California Still Working At MM?
Oct 03, 2014

If so, are you FT or PT?  Just wondering if they have gotten rid of all the PTers in CA.  ...

California Residents?
Apr 02, 2015

I am just curious how many other MTs are in California.  We may need to join forces.  ...

Update Regarding California Transcription
Oct 11, 2009

Finally received my last paycheck from this company YESTERDAY . . . of course I've been waiting since JULY.  Oh, and the check is dated for next Tuesday . . . ...

Any Experience With ProScript Out Of California
Feb 02, 2010

After 18+ years of transcribing, I am flat out of work.  For the last 12 years I have worked for a small transcription company with multi-speciality clinics.  So my previous hospital experience is not current.  That seems to really be hurting.   I hopefully have an interview with ProScript this week and was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about ProScript.   Thanks for your help.   itypeit ...

CHRONICLE TRANSCRIPTS In California. Can Someone
Mar 21, 2010

platform, types of accounts they have, QA, management, pay, etc.?  TIA ...

Any MTs In California Who Have Found It Difficult To
May 09, 2011

find an MT job?  I'm currently with a horrible company (you guessed it, starts with M)...and would like to try elsewhere, but I am worried that another MTSO won't hire MTs in California anymore because of their strict employee laws (which are fair to the employee but I'm sure employers don't like)...... So, any CA MTs out there who found a job fairly easily recently?  Thanks in advance for any replies.  ...

IF YOU WORK FOR ANY MTSO IN CALIFORNIA
Aug 17, 2011

Do you have to keep track of your hours in order not to work over 40 hours a week due to strict CA overtime law ...

Chronicle Transcripts - California
Apr 19, 2012

Anyone work for or know anything about this company, the pros and cons?  thanks in advance ...