A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anything bad about NetMed - Terry

Posted: May 20, 2010

I run NetMed and I thought this was as good a place as any to ask if there are any areas where our company can improve.  People on this forum seem to have a lot to say so I hope to try to improve our company with any constructive criticism.  Thanks

nothing bad - wondering about processing

[ In Reply To ..]
applications -- applied to your company for part-time, no response. Ad sounded good so I wanted to check it out.

Application - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
What state do you live in? Right now we only have specific states where we have done all the paperwork to allow us to have an employee in that state.

I live in - state

[ In Reply To ..]
Florida

Could/would you state those states in which you are...sm - able to hire employees?

[ In Reply To ..]
So that those of us who have applied don't waste your time or ours? I've sent a resume a couple of times in the past. While it's not unusual to get absolutely no response, it would be nice to know that the reason is the state in which I live. Thanks!
Which states - Terry
[ In Reply To ..]
I will do that from now on.
I kind of thought you might do it - now.........
[ In Reply To ..]
since we are all wondering and asking.
Which states - Terry
[ In Reply To ..]
Why wouldn't I.

Question about your company - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing bad, but just wanted to know if you can please shed some light on why your website (NetMed.com)comes up as a dangerous site. Thank you.

Dangerous site - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what it would come up as a dangerous site. What program is telling you that it is dangerous?

Dangerous Site - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Norton. I believe another poster mentioned this last week also. Thanks for responding.
Dangerous Site - tootsie
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi. I just tried to go to her site and everything was find. I run Trend Micro or PC-Cillin as security. I recently had Norton's though, and I would not trust much of what they had to say about any web site. Their program has really gone down hill over the past few years. It actually "let" my computer become infected with a trojan through Skype and it wiped out my hard drive within 10 seconds. I do not believe I will ever use Norton's again. Just letting you know that the reason you cannot access her web site is no doubt because of Norton's alone. Good luck to you. I can send you contact info for this company if you want me to, as I am able to access the web site. send me an email and I will do that.
I didn't get a danger message - Not dangerous here nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Dangerous Site - Terry
[ In Reply To ..]
So when you simply go into our site Norton gives you this warning? Hopefully I can get that fixed.
It is only because of Nortons. Everyone else has no problems..nm - tootsie
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
still needs addressing, owner-to-Norton's. - just sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Norton and Dangerous Site - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. The little Norton explanation box went away before I could find out their reasoning. It's very interesting to see that others using different security have no problem. I've been with Norton since a year ago, when AVG allowed something into my computer that caused me major problems. Norton was able to fix it for me. Hopefully you can find out why Norton says this. Wanted to look at your web site before applying for the job. Thanks a lot.
might try AVG free and dumping Notron's. or ask a tech what is good (sm) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
every tech has their favorites and will probably give you a different answer, but, as I see it, they know more than me, so I listen.

the software changes all the time and seems every 5 years or so, what was once the best (Norton's) is no longer. Plenty are free and techs have that info, too.
p.s. - Good luck! hope all goes well. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
FYI re: Norton - me2
[ In Reply To ..]
i was reading these posts and first of all, Terry, nice to know a company owner is interested in making her company better, KUDOS to you. FYI I have Norton's and just tried to get to the website and Norton cut me off as a dangerous site, so maybe Norton needs to be told about this. Good luck Terry in the success of your company.

that's not their web address - neogeo

[ In Reply To ..]
NetMed transcription is:
http://www.netmedtranscription.com/

You noted that the dangerous site is netmed.com. FWIW, I can get to the NetMed Transcription site with no problems. My PC_Cillin does notify me of so-called dangerous sites, and this isn't one of them.

Dangerous site - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant metmedtranscription.com. I mistakenly said netmed.com. I just went to the site again and Norton does call netmedtranscription.com as a threat to the computer. They give a button for the owner of the site to contact them to resolve it. Sorry, I inadvertently typed netmed.com in my original post. What Norton said still stands.

Applied, no reply - Ann

[ In Reply To ..]
Terry, I applied twice with your company and I got no reply both times, so I just put it down as you had hired all you needed to at the time. I have been doing MT for 14 years.

Applied as well - NCalMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe it would be very much appreciated by us all who apply to receive some sort of response that you did receive our application, stating you have filled the position, you don't hire in a particular state, etc. It is frustrating applying and never getting any sort of reply.

I applied too... sm - sosmt

[ In Reply To ..]
AND you replied to my ad on the Job Wanted board! Some kind of reply would have been nice.
I applied but did not get a response. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Some questions about the position.. - inquiringmind

[ In Reply To ..]
How many PTO days or paid holidays do you offer per year, if any? Any 401K plan or health plan? Is VR or editing work required and at what rate? How many accounts can a person be assigned as obviously when you're assigned only one, the work will always dry up at some point? (Also waiting to hear back from you guys.)

NetMed - no response

[ In Reply To ..]
I also applied approx. two weeks ago and have gotten no response. I have 20+ years experience. Maybe the first place to improve would be better communication with applicants.

Do not know all the answers to your questions, but do know, - they have no benefits at all

[ In Reply To ..]

Answers to questions - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
We do not offer PTO, or paid holiday. We do not have a 401K or health plan. We do not use VR or editing. We pay 7.5 cents per line. We assign MT's to specific doctors until they are filled up with work. We do not put MT's in pools.

Is 7.5 CPL your highest rate for experienced MTs? - need2work

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this for clinic work? What is your range for acute care?

Norton Information - see message - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

Here is the link for Norton indicating what the problem is and giving the Site Owner an opportunity to respond.

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=netmedtranscription.com

I hope that helps you resolve the problem.

If possible, would you also give us a list today of the States that you accept applications from, in response to this thread. 

I also applied to one of your job openings on the MTStars Job Seeker’s Board and never received a reply back from you. 

Good Luck to you.

States we work with - Terry

[ In Reply To ..]
Here are the states we work with:

California
Oregon
Arizona
Texas
Kansas
Arkansas
Alabama
Florida
North Carolina
Virginia
Pennsylvania
Indiana

You don't hire from Michigan? - You are based in Michigan

[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering the same thing! nm - sosmt
[ In Reply To ..]
>:-(

Similar Messages:

Anything About Netmed
Apr 05, 2011

Was wondering if anyone knew anything about Netmed ? ...

Netmed (sm)
Aug 04, 2011

I had posted some time ago about getting emails from Netmed about a post I replied to some months ago on my experience at Netmed.  This person AGAIN is emailing me saying, "are you just an angry person," blah blah blah!  Has anyone else recieved these obnoxious emails?  I have heard from one other gal who has, but wondered about anyone else.  I will reiterate and stand by what I had to say at that time, which is - My experience was not great with them.  The account had ...

Know Anything About NetMed?
Jan 13, 2012

Anyone know anything about NetMed? ...

WebChartMD And NetMed - Please Help (SM)
May 20, 2010

I would like to hear your experiences with NetMed's WebChartMD platform.  (I've searched the archives to no avail about WebChartMD.) What specifically do you like or dislike about it? Is it fiddly with demographics that you have to bounce around to fill? Are line counts accurate? The WebChartMD website is not very informative unless you want to provide your email address for a demo.  Doesn't even have screen shots. Thank you in advance for taking the time to inform ...

Info. On NetMed?
Jun 10, 2011

Anyone have info. on NetMed?? ...

Stay Away From NetMed
Dec 16, 2011

I went through an 8-hour unpaid training for them and decided the next day they were not a good fit. Their platform is cumbersome and you have to have about 6 windows open just to work on one job and the management is poorly run, IT not always available. Be warned!!!! ...

NetMed - Bad Feeling
Jun 21, 2012

Just quit this company. Initially had to fax my personal information numerous times because they lost it repeatedly, etc. Only allowed to type 10 reports per day on QA, unable to get off QA, QA editors never able to agree on policies and procedures. Also required to research dozens/hundreds of previous reports (no search engine available) to find information (QA stated they will not fill in blanks), which is frequently incorrect; not even making minimum wage at first. Even their docs are bit ...

Anyone Hear From NetMed? Nam
Jul 15, 2014

Xx ...

Looking For MTs Who Have Worked For NetMed Transcription
Jul 12, 2010

I was looking on the Board and saw an older ad for MTs needed for NetMed.  I can't seem to find any posts regarding this employer, but I am fairly new to the MT Stars world.  If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.  ...

NetMed - Pay By Character Instead Of By Line?
May 14, 2011

NetMed.  They pay by character instead of by line?  So, we make at lot less money?  Any thoughts? ...

Anyone With Experience Working For NetMed?
May 20, 2011

Anyone with experience working for NetMed please let me know how they are to work for.  Do they have enough work, cpl rate, ESL percentage.  Do they hire IC status?  Thanks for any info you care to share. ...

Netmed E-mail Address
Dec 16, 2011

The E-mail address for the job posting from NetMed is an invalid E-mail address. ...

Netmed Rude Management
Dec 16, 2011

***** from Netmed was rude. Passed testing 100%, then told me no openings.  She seemed distracted and angry at me.. I was out the door before I got in.. ...

NetMed - Information On This Company?
May 07, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company? ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Information On NetMed?
May 25, 2012

Good morning, everyone Happy MT week to all my colleagues !! , Does anyone have any current information on NetMed ?? I saw that they have a position open for a radiology transcriptionist so I sent my resume. I read the posts that are older about them here on the site and was just wondering about any current information. I haven't heard from them regarding my resume and I am just wondering if I should maybe contact them if they are an okay company. Have a great Friday and Memori ...

Worked For Netmed Transcription In Michigan?
Feb 15, 2010

Has anybody worked for Netmed Transcription in Michigan?  Any info would be greatly appreciated! ...