A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody apply to Oracle and get a response back? - NeedAJob

Posted: Jul 28, 2012

I wish companies would send out an automatic e-mail that they have at least received your resume.

No response for me - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

nope, no response here - silence

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no response here either. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I did get phone call and voice mail. - Suzy Q

[ In Reply To ..]
So I called number left on voice mail. Oracle receptionist answered and said Isabel was busy on phone call. She said to call back. I did and same thing. Again call back. By then I sort of gave up -- figure it is time for Isabel to give me a call -- but no she does not.

Really hard to reach these people -- sorry you all have had a bad experience too.

I did get a phone call and voice mail. - Old and tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the same phone call and voice mail. I called back and Isabelle told me she was getting ready to go out and would call me back today. Unfortunately, today is almost over and I have had no return call either. Way to get your hopes up and then shoved down. I have 35 years experience and 6 years with Bayscribe. You would think they would give you the courtesy of calling back and saying that either they do or they do not want you. Tired of MTSOs who are so inconsiderate.

Hired..... - psw

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I saw on one of the message boards that the positions they needed had been filled. I did get a call back, and I start training with them next week. Keep the faith - Isabelle sounds like a very nice person and hopefully easy to work with. Good Luck!

she is very nice - and easy to work for

[ In Reply To ..]
You will find that most of the people at Oracle are great to work with. Good luck.

Oracle is a great company to work for - sz

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for Oracle for over 12 years and they offer great flexibility, good accounts with lots of work, decent line rate, prompt direct deposit, and last but certainly not least, they are really great people to work with!

Oracle - Celeste

[ In Reply To ..]
I didnt get a reply neither, have 20 years' exp and really wanted to work for the company... sigh... shoot!

Oracle - MT Gal

[ In Reply To ..]
I got an e-mail, I got another email and told to call, I called, she was on another line, left my number, no call, called again and she was at lunch, left my name again, no call back. I figure they must get a ton of applications and then sort through them and it is all about timing whether you get selected or not. Probably just start hiring the ones they feel qualify and if they fill their quota, that's it. I was a bit disappointed too. I do have another account I work on, but it's not that consistent and I wanted to supplement. I don't want to rely on just one company any more. Just cannot rely on a steady job with the way things are going sad to say!

Ego - OldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I mentioned about this in another area on here about Oracle and I was told that I had an ego since I didn't get called after sending in my resume and that putting in a resume doesn't guarantee a job with them. I knew that, duh, but I was trying to make it a point like above .... sending in a resume to a company, at least send an email back that you received the resume or that you are not interested or you are not hiring (even though you advertise) ... So glad I am not the only one getting "shafted" by them! Just saying ....

same thing I'm lookin for. sm - searching

[ In Reply To ..]
I never got a call from them, but I understand the frustration. I'm having a hard time getting a full day's work with the company I'm currently with, and I'm looking for a part-time job to supplement. So many people seem to be looking for work right now, and I think it's extremely competitive out there. The two big companies have swallowed up so many of the smaller companies, so it's just much "slimmer pickins" these days.
not to mention.... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
all of the SR (scriberight) MTs who "suddenly" found themselves out of work when they knew the job they applied for and took, [giving up full time permanent positions elsewhere, pinned on a hope and a prayer, (and no doubt a lie)was only "temporary" and "short term"] now frantically flooding the job market looking for work! I am not begrudging them finding employment and hopefully the job of their dreams, but quitting something permanent and full time for something that is only temporary and short term, believing spoken lies and promises in order for the company to obtain a satisfactory number of people to do the work, was in fact, just plain naive on their part. Now those of us who are also seeking employment elsewhere have a much lesser chance of finding work due to their lack of judgement and poor decisions. Good luck to us all!!! JMO. Not meant to point fingers at anyone, but only stating circumstances as I see them. Glad I did not drink the "kool aid."
Wow, what a slam to the former SR employees - Betty
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand why you felt it necessary to bash the former SR people. Hey, it's a free country, but it would be nice if we could show some support for our fellow MTs who are down.
Hi Betty - I agree; however... - OLD MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The market is now flooded because of "I want to work at home, home school my kids, and be "super mom, I REFUSE to work weekends and only want this, this and this and make 10 cents or more per line."

In the past 2-3 years, I have seen companies "eaten" by larger companies, companies going out of business, in part, due to compettion; but the biggest part being "the work ethic." I worked for a company last year -- LOVED it!! All of a sudden, no work. Bottom line, we lost the contract and I really don't even know if the company is still in business.

I have worked for several companies, even as a QA, and the things that I have found out about the MT business would really astound people. There are soo many companies out there now, that are "kind of tied in to another company;" i.e., when I did QA for one company, we were on Escription and we were told to only look for the work we did and not the work that was done by Nuance MTs etc. A company may have a "license" to use another company's software, but that does not mean that they are part of FutureNet, Dictaphone, MModal or Nuance.

I for example, lost a wonderful job with a wonderful company about a year ago, because they went to DocQScribe and I sent an email to the MTSO, stating that I was not going to work for the "Q". She assured me they were not being sold and they still do advertise, but it has put a bitter taste in my mouth with many of these companies; i.e., "I will never sell." You will if the price is right and being assimilated by the big two.
I think we've all drank "kool aid" - Kool aid drinker
[ In Reply To ..]
from one company or another. I had a job that got off-shored to India a few years back. I guess you've been fortunate.
Old MT - my 2 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
is just a pessimist....blaming everyone else for her inability to get responses to resumes or find other work. Everyone is in the same situation in this industry, yet OMT acts as if she is being singled out and victimized. Just keep on applying, reapplying and call if you have to. Sometimes you have to be proactive to get a response, whether it's negative or positive. That is my 2 cents. Oracle is a great place to work even tho the pay is not the best...the crew there are great. Just try a phone call - what can it hurt?
Excuse me? At least I can do my homework and have learned - OLD MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I was not knocking Oracle one bit. I was talking about MT companies in general. This is one thing that I have learned with being on this board, as well as another one is that it seems "reading comprehension" is sorely lacking. The owner of Oracle has been in business for many years; however, what's to say that something happens and the company is sold. I saw it with the last company I worked for -- they apparently were sold to IMedix. I worked for EFD for many years. Guess what, the husband passed away and the decision was made to sell the company. Never once have I felt like I am being singled out and did not put that in my post. I was agreeing with what another poster said. Is is any wonder that many people can't find work when they cannot seem to comprehend the written word?
not so.... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not been "fortunate" either. The company I was with was bought out by another, not quite so well known as MM, Nuance, or the others, but they are big enough, and I was "forced out" by "company politics" because I was bought with a per line rate that they did not like, although they accepted my negotiated rate at the time of the buy out. They gradually reduced the amount of work I was able to do and I eventually could not afford to stay. I found two other part time jobs that pay less than what I had been earning and my income has been cut in half annually. I know. I know...we all have sob stories and things are not great for any of us any longer, and if you all think I was "slamming" the scriberight people, I apologize, but at least the "knowledge was there ahead of time" that the job was NOT permanent and to quit a permanent job to take an un-permanent job, is just not sound decision making, in my opinion. Now because of that, finding other work is difficult for everybody....not just me and not just them. We were all affected by it! and to the poster who said we should all support each other, well, I wish that was so, but it isn't, and most particularly on this forum. It is a dog eat dog world out there now and everybody is only out for themselves. Good jobs are few and far between and we fight each other daily to even get a response from a resume. People are bitter now due to the changes in our industry, and we take it out on each other. Again, I apologize if you all think I was "slamming" anybody, but I need a job just as much as they do.
Well, perhaps YOU drank the Kool Aid at your former company - Bumpkin
[ In Reply To ..]
and that's why you need a job now.
didn't drink koolaid... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
no koolaid to drink in a buyout situation! no promises made. no lies told....just not given enough work to keep me financially stable, so it was MY choice to leave, but .... I didn't leave until I had other "permanent" employment elsewhere. I would not take a "temporary" position on the guise that there "may be other work in the future."
correct me if I am wrong - but
[ In Reply To ..]
aren't all MT jobs really temporary? I mean, SR told everyone up front, hey this may only be a one year deal, instead of hiring everyone and then in a year telling them the work is all dried up. Most MTSO's won't do that, they will hire for backlog or because of steady work and when contracts are lost, they don't give you warning and you may be out on your ear. That, to me, is not "permanent" by any definition.

I have worked for a few MTSO's and like Old MT, I had one that I loved, loved working for them (48-hour TAT) but work slowly started to dwindle until I was making $13 a week. Now, when I hired on with her, she didn't tell me, hey we have enough work until next year when we will lose all contracts, even though that is what happened.
That's naive and uninformed - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you think that ONE company (ex-SR employees) applying for jobs are the reason you can't find one, that is just silly. Unfortunately, what has happened to a career we loved due to off-shoring, VR, sweatshop MTSOs, paycut after paycut, etc. - this is why the market is saturated with many MTs looking for jobs:

MTs who liked their company but then got bought out by one who has a well-deserved bad reputation.
MTs who are dissatisfied with paycuts/nitpicky QA/managerial tactics, etc. at their current job.
Experienced MTs refusing to transition to VR from straight because it's not worth the paycut.
MTSOs/experienced MTs losing accounts to things like point-and-click Epic.
MTs losing accounts they have had literally for decades when they suddenly disappear because they were sent overseas.
MTs who see their pay dropping and have to apply for a second or third job.
Newbie MTs willing to work for low pay just to get their foot in the door.
I find these post regarding drinking "Kool-Aid ridiculous - OLD MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never taken a "temporary-type" of positon. I have been hired by companies that I truly believed to be steady companies. I worked seven days a week and usually 10-12 hours a day to try to get the backlog caught up. We didn't have "set schedules," as we were ICs, however, come weekends or holidays, the majority of the MTs were "missing in action," and not even willing to put in maybe 2-3 hours on the weekend to help with the backlog. All of a sudden (and I am talking in 2-3 days), there was little to no work. That is when I contacted my supervior, and eventually owner, and found out that we had lost the account to another service, because the hospital felt we were not meeting TAT.

Again, at it is JMHO, but too many MTs got into this business for the "convenice of working from home," and thinking that they could "work when they felt like it." This is so not true. I have worked for many companies that were "assimilated" by what is now MMODAL. I have had MTSOs where they have either died or because of age, just gotten out of the business all together. I have been approached by people in the past suggesting that I become an MTSO. I thought long and hard about it, (and this has been several years ago); however, I declined to do this, because I started seeing the "prima donna work ethic" come into play. Believe me at my age now (late 50s) and had I done this and someone approached me asking to buy my company for millions of dollars, I would jump at the chance, although I think the first thing that I would have done is get rid of the "slacker" MTs -- those MTs who felt they could take DAYS off at a time, but towards the end of the pay period, jump in and work when they felt like it -- it is TOTALLY unfair to the MTs that put in 6-7 days a week and put in long, hard hours.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Gotten A Response From Oracle??
Oct 06, 2010

They have a job posting that I applied for.  Haven't heard anything back from them.  Has anyone else?  ...

Anyone Else Apply For Oracle And Never Hear Anything?
Dec 21, 2012

I applied several months back when they posted and then again about a week ago with the latest job offering.  Am I the only one?  Just frustrated, need a job.  Thank you. ...

Getting Response Back From Prospective Employers
Dec 16, 2011

This is kind of an embarassing question, but when you send your resumes out to companies, do a majority of them simply not contact you to say "thanks anyway" if they are either not hiring or do not want to hire you? I've sent my resume out to a dozen and have only gotten one "not hiring right now " reply. ...

NJPR Hospital - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back?
Aug 04, 2014

Just wondering if anyone has heard back about an interview, testing, etc?  Have the positions been filled. ...

Anyone Recently Apply At Medscribe (Florida One) And Ever Hear Back?
May 17, 2010

I need a job YESTERDAY.. and I have applied to so many places and actually did the testing with Medscribe twice but they cannot even get back to me one way or the other. I'm completely discouraged!!! ...

One Transcription Service - Did Anyone Apply And Hear Back From Them For The Weekend
Apr 17, 2014

n/m ...

Did Anyone Apply To Landmark For Straight Transcription Position And Hear Back?
Dec 31, 2012

I applied and got no response, just wondering if anyone was hired for the account they said started January 3.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Can't Seem To Get A Response
Apr 01, 2010

I'm just curious if others are in the same boat as I am.  I have almost 10 years experience as an MT, both acute care and clinic, and I have been sending my resume to many of the job postings on this board.  I think I have received two replies out of probably 20 resumes sent.  Is this pretty much the way it is for others, or do I need to tweak my resume?  Thanks! ...

This Is A Response I Sent To An For A RAD IC
May 18, 2010

"You might want to consider re-wording your job posting and re-think your position as you can find yourself in serious trouble with the IRS regarding requiring an independent contractor to work a set schedule.  You are wanting an employee, not an independent contractor, if that contractor has to work a set schedule and 'has to work over.'  The IRS will come down pretty hard on you...especially if someone sends them a copy of your job posting.  So you understand ...

Has Anyone Been Able To Get A Response From DIT?
Nov 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to get a response from DIT?  Please let me know because I certainly have not.  This place is the worst.  What is really terrible is that continue to keep hiring new MTs and promise them that everything is now okay.  They are just a bunch of people not telling the truth. ...

Response To Ads
Sep 21, 2011

Can anyone tell me if they ever get a response when applying for positions?  I never seem to hear back from any of them.   ...

Response To
Mar 19, 2015

Just thought you all would like to read this response to a resume I recently sent out.... and what would your feelings be concerning what you read? Hello, Thank you for your interest in providing Transcription services for our company. I have received your resume. I have put some information in the body of the email as well as attached our templates and sample reports so you can see what the reports look like. I would like to mention to you a few things so you can make an info ...

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Anyone Else Have Problems Getting A Response
Feb 05, 2010

I sent to emails and two voice mails, one marked urgent-no response.  Anyone have this issue? ...

Prompt Response
Jun 27, 2010

Does anyone out there have a suggestion as to what a "prompt" response should be for a resume that was sent out? I do not like waiting weeks or months to get a response. ...

Autotrophic Response?
Jan 06, 2011

"An exercise stress test was performed and she was able to exercise for approximately 8 minutes, utilizing a brief protocol, to a maximum heart rate of 156 per minute.  It was an appropriate (s/l anatropic or maybe autotrophic) response."  I am unsure what word he is dictating here. ...

Response To Resumes
Feb 04, 2011

Yeah for sure.  what goes does it do to send resumes to these jobs posted here, when you get NO response...  I realize they have more resumes than they can probably go through, but when they look at the top of your resume (where it should be) and see you have had over 25 years experience - you think they'd contact you first, yeah whatever.  Not sure, but know MT jobs are scarce!! ...

Allergic Response
Apr 02, 2011

Ibuprofen gives the patient s/l tranaphylaxis. Thanks in advance. ...

How Long Does It Take For A Response From Someone Here
Nov 17, 2011

about wage disputes?  I emailed two days ago about a payment I was supposed to receive the 15th (and still have not), and have not heard about any kind of resolution or anything and of course no pay still and no check in the mail. ...

LDMTS - No Response
Oct 29, 2012

I have sent my resume to Ldmts after checking their job posting but no response. Is there anyone with similar experience? ...

Will Be Interesting To See The Response To This
Nov 02, 2012

About to send off this e-mail to my ROM or whatever she's calling herself these days....Subject:  QA questions, just to be sure I have it straight.... We really, REALLY need to get a ruling from the client on this stuff. In writing.   In the last missive I got from QA, I was told that the only symbol allowed on ***** was the percent sign; thus, if they dictated 2+, I was to type 2 plus.   Aside from the fact that I've been typing plus signs on ***** reports for 4 ye ...

Response To MT To RN Post Below
Mar 08, 2013

Sorry...you had asked me a question but I've been away for a couple days.  Yes, Home Health/Hospice is more flexible as far as scheduling.  For the most part, we set up our own schedules, call the patients ourselves with times we expect to be there, and then if by some chance we get done early we aren't required to hang around to get our 8 hours in. That being said, it's a brutal job.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have some solid acute ca ...

Got Response From ARTEC
Jul 29, 2013

Anyone hear back from Artec or Certa?  How as the test?   TIA ...

Hypermercury Response?
Aug 05, 2013

after deflating what I think is a pneumatic catheter, the patient "had a problem to *hypermercury* response". ...

Here's The Response I Got After Emailing Someone At TAA
Mar 11, 2014

"MedQuist/M-Model was certified in March 2012. We did receive a list of workers whose positions were affected due to trade. Unfortunately, your name was not on the MedQuist/M-Model worker list as being trade affected. Unless we receive notification from MedQuist/M-Modal that you were let go due to your position being affected by tradeâ€Â¦.you are not eligible to apply for training benefits. If you feel your name should be on the listâ€Â¦please contact the HR department of MedQuist/M-Mode ...

Help -- How Do I Apply For PTO?
Oct 21, 2010

TIA for your help. ...

Should I Re-apply?
Nov 20, 2010

I applied to RI Unlimited 3 months ago and never heard back--should I reapply?  I got emails saying that I passed everything and then they said I would hear back but never did.  What is your advice? Thanks. ...

How Do You Apply For MTS Job?
Jan 26, 2011

I'm interested in applying for the MTS job posted, but I can't find a place on their web site to send a resume.  What am I missing?  I called the 800 number and it just had a menu for unrelated departments. ...

Should I Even Apply?
Sep 04, 2012

I just got an e-mail from a recruiter from Nuance asking me if I would like to apply for a job; i.e. they took over my former place of employment's transcription department and I had originally applied so I could stay on, but then decided not to-thus they still had my contact info. The recruiter said that they had merged with Transcend and that there was plenty of work, etc. I do need a job as my unemployment benefits will be running out by the beginning of the new year, or sooner if phas ...