A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

America's Pride - no work, is this normal for this time of year? - see message

Posted: Jan 27, 2011

I've worked at America's Pride since last spring so I never went through a holiday season with them before.  Work started drying up around Thanksgiving, and over the last few weeks, has been almost nonexistent.  I am currently making less than $10/day, sitting here for hours, watching as not a single job on my accounts come in.  Lately, no jobs for ANY account come in.

Is this usual for this time of the year?  Should I be worried about that recent email we got with the weird excuse about the lack of work?

What was the wierd excuse? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Most companies have a weird excuse for every - single month of the year. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Yep - always slow between... - apmt

[ In Reply To ..]
November until about March.

There was a technical issue last week, too - That may have been part of the problem - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

America's Pride
Feb 13, 2015

Anyone currently working for AP? Appreciate any info ...

Does Anybody Know Anything About America's Pride Transcription
Jul 05, 2012

Is it voice rec or straight typing?  Do they have benefits? ...

Anything Recent About America's Pride
Feb 28, 2014

Checked the archives and didn't see anything recent about America's Pride.  Are they still a VA contractor? How are they to work for? ...

America's Pride - Vacation
Apr 02, 2014

Wondering if anyone has been able to use vacation time yet?  Been so long since I heard anything. Supposed to be a "benefit" from the Service Contract Act. ...

Anyone Worked For America's Pride?
Jan 11, 2015

Has anyone worked for America's Pride?  They seem like they would be a great place to work.  I was wondering whether it is difficult to make the minimum line count and how the doctors were to transcribe for as far as being difficult to understand, etc. ...

Work At America's Pride?
May 18, 2015

What's happened to the work at America's Pride?  For a few weeks, there was enough to keep busy with, but now nothing. ...

America's Pride Sound Quality (sm)
Jul 30, 2012

Does anyone else find the sound quality of AP files to be horrendous? ...

My Rant About The America's Pride Firings
Sep 04, 2012

I'm surprised there is no thread about the America's Pride firings last Friday. I've been with them for years, and for nearly two have been unable to get any decent work. Over a year ago I was put on a new account that they promptly lost. The other account I had transitioned to mostly VR with only a few jobs coming in. When I asked to be added to other accounts, I received no response. Recently I asked to be on the new DC account, then got a rather vague email saying that DC woul ...

Anyone Work For America's Pride? Opinions?
Nov 15, 2014

HEENT/neck S/l Conjack Time Normal. No JVD.
Feb 18, 2010

Under physical exam, HEENT, he says s/l conjack time normal.  No JVD.  ...

First Time I Have Been Out Of Work In A Year
Dec 05, 2012

But it has been slim pickings for a while..Guess the overseas is hitting us, or the new hires, there have to be a lot cause I see a TON of mistakes when I go in Docqmanage. Oh well, you get what you pay for. ...

I Just Got Laid Off For The Third Time This Year
Dec 16, 2013

I was laid off from my in-house MT job earlier this year due to the hospital outsourcing, went to work at a MTSO and was laid off 3 months later due to them being bought out by a bigger company, then went to work as an IC for a smaller company only to be laid off today due to them losing their largest account.  I am not going to let this defeat me, but I'm starting to feel like something is wrong with me as an MT!  Well, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  Maybe now I shou ...

Is This The Norm For This Time Of Year - Meaning
Nov 24, 2012

long does this usually last? I am in the process to applying for other jobs to places in my area, non-MT and even got a couple resumes out for some Part Time IC positions. Wondering if I should apply for partial unemployment? Is this a yearly thing this time of the year? No work for the past two days and looking at the statistics, there is only just over 12,000 jobs out there company wide and for each job out there, there is probbly 5 MTs waiting and hoping to snag it. ...

Best Time Of Year For Coding School?
Apr 30, 2014

Hello.  I was wondering if there is a best time of year to start coding school so I wouldn't have to buy many more books or new books when having to take an exam.  I know a lot of factors would go into this, such as how long it would take me to do the course, but was wondering anyway.  I plan to go through Andrews.  Thanks so much for your input! ...

Baseline Normal Or Near Normal Thyroid Function Studies
Mar 15, 2011

baseline normal or near normal thyroid function studies. Is "near normal" hyphenated, or no? Thank you. ...

Hemoglobin Normal With Normal S/l Cell In Dis Thees With An MCV Of 89.
May 26, 2010

s/l cell in dis thees with an MCV of 89.  ...

Laryngoscope Showed Normal Vocal Cords And Normal "tuberous Tugors".
Jul 15, 2012

? ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

No Pride Left
Mar 08, 2014

I have been working today for almost 3 hours and I have not understood a word I have typed.  I used to take such pride in my work and truly loved what I did for a living.  On my "new" account this morning I have typed report after report and guessed my way through the entire report or left a massive amount of blanks.  Not to mention my line count is down from 340 to 120.  I think it is time to go now. ...

Americas Pride - Just Curious
Jul 14, 2012

Hi, recently sent the resume in and got an email back stating that I had been hired  -- no testing -- yeah!! but just wondering how long it takes to get set up etc.  "C" is apparently on vacation; however, this morning did get an e-mail from "P" asking the tech person to contact me.  Not the greatest pay in the world; however, I can see or at least try to see "both sides of the coin," and if this is straight typing, not going to complain. ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

How Many Out There No Longer Take Pride In Telling People What You Do For A Living?
May 08, 2010

x ...

Neck: Normal "tesseril" Motion And Normal "effort"?
Nov 30, 2012

PE on neurologist consult. Pt with spinal sarcoma.  Doc is a pretty clear dictator.  Not sure if "tesseril" is actually "tests for all" or what.  How about "effort".  Is this customary in a neuro consult?  Thanks for any suggestions.      ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...