A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Account to Powerscribe - Darkhorse

Posted: Mar 24, 2014

Big radiology account at TT is switching to Powerscribe.  Funny they just now are "finding out" about this, saying that this is the reason the work has been dwindling and many of the rads have already switched over.  If that is the case, that means Powerscribe has been installed for some time now.   Whatever. 

A big CA radiology firm recently laid off all its MTs, - & went directly to point-n-click. :(

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Anybody Use Powerscribe? If So, How Do You Like It?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Powerscribe Pay
Jul 02, 2010

I'm new to PS and am getting 0.65 per report (radiology).  I have searched the archives and cant really find much on pay for PS.  I guess I just want to know if my current company is pulling the wool over my eyes now that they have gone to PS.  Does anyone know the average per report rate for PS?  Or do you get paid per line?  Help! ...

POWERSCRIBE 5.0
Sep 02, 2010

I have a Powerscribe account has just updated from 4.7 to 5.0.  We are like 550 reports in the hole since this upgrade which took place on Saturday.  Reports take FOREVER to download.  Any input would be appreciated. ...

Powerscribe...help Me Please
Sep 10, 2010

I am new to this & have never used it before.  Is it hard to use/easy to use?  Is editing reports hard/easy?  I heard that you get very fatigued because you really have to listen hard to what is being said or you will miss things if you know what I mean.  Not like when you transcribe and get used to the dictator and can think about other things.  Is it worth it? Or transcribing better $$?? ...

ROI - Anybody Use Powerscribe W Them?
Jul 08, 2011

Just got hired for an account to go live in a couple weeks using Powerscribe.  Anybody familiar with this software and/or work for them now on this program?  TIA!! ...

PowerScribe Pay Out
Jan 15, 2015

I work on the PowerScribe team.  When the new patient incentive pay plan was instituted, it caused some of us to have an increase in pay.  When the company realized this, they cut our production counts in half for the work we do.  That is to say that previously, all reports were counted as 15 lines per report, but now have been halved to 7.5 lines.  This caused a 50% pay decrease across the board for the team and in many cases, lowers the hourly average to less than minimum wage depending on ...

Powerscribe Question
Sep 19, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a way to continue listening to a report while making changes on a report in PowerScribe?  I'm used to on VR being able to keep the report "moving" and listening while I'm making corrections, but it is not working in PowerScribe, just starts deleting everything.  Thanks for any advice!! ...

Does Anybody Use Powerscribe For Radiology?
Nov 20, 2013

I have an account that is getting ready to go to powerscribe 360 and am being told that they will still need the same number of transcriptionists.  Has anybody went from straight typing to powerscribe and not had any work?  I've heard that the doctors can edit their own work.  Just wondering if anyone has had this experience and how it went.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Powerscribe? Anyone Worked On This Program?
Jul 08, 2011

I posted on company board, but I should have posted here first.  Rapid Outsource Imaging is using Powerscribe VR. They're paying 6 cpl editing, but I'm very suspicious after all the bad comments I've heard about them paying high rates due to very cumbersome software.  I think Powerscribe is new to them; they have account going live in a couple of weeks, and I think it is interfacing with their software, where I believe therein may lie the problem and so my question ...

Powerscribe - Any Way To Make Money On This?
Sep 29, 2012

I just started about 3 weeks ago part time doing radiology in Powerscribe at 0.045 cents a line.  Is there any way to make money at this?  I'm used to making around $20 an hour, and I'm making about $4 an hour now, wondering if it gets better or if it is worth my time.  Thanks for any input!! ...

Any1 Familiar With Powerscribe??
Dec 22, 2012

i recently saw a job posting....  ...

Powerscribe 40-50 Reports Edited Per Hour....
Sep 26, 2010

How many reports per hour can you edit with Powerscribe?  I was told that you could do 40-50 per hour....Is that possible?? ...

Powerscribe Line Count Report
Mar 06, 2011

I'm about to transitioned to Powerscribe and have been set up on my home computer.  I am an MTSO so I need to know how does PS calculate daily or per report line counts.  Is this an administrative report I need to be given access to by the administrator? Because looking at a screenshot of PS, it looks like the options for doing, frankly, anything are limited to copy/paste and spellcheck.  I realize it is not a word document, but how are line counts done?     ...

Powerscribe - How Many Lines Per Hour Do You Edit On Average?
Jun 01, 2010

I was wondering if anybody out there was paid per line for Powerscribe and how many lines per hour do you edit on average?  I have always been paid a report rate for Powerscribe Radiology.  Also, which version do you use?  Thanks!! ...

Line Counting Software That Works With Powerscribe
Aug 17, 2011

Does anyone know of one that accurately counts lines in Powerscribe?  Any suggestions from anyone using Powerscribe on how to get a line count? ...

I Am So Sick Of Bouncing Around From Account To Account
Nov 07, 2012

What a flippin joke. Didnt Amy say she was going to keep us in 1 account????   OMG, I have done evey account in my BOB this morning as well as some other Bob. I cant keep my head on straight anymore. It is spinning like a top. My production is down to minimum and I am at risk of being fired for not meeting production because some idiot decides to open the cesspool!   GO CCMs! GET YOUR 100% TAT... SCREW THE REST OF US. ...

Don't Forget, You Will Be QA'd On Each Account, That Could Account
Jun 08, 2015

.... I read notes below to this effect. Oh, and don't forget to NOT count QC lines and scores when you calculate your QA score on FIESA.   ...or just ignore it altogether.    ...

New Account Help
Oct 14, 2009

So, I am trying to research per line rates in my area, and no one seems willing to open up about their rates. I have spoken with one woman from a local company who told me to give it up as I more than likely will never land an account and work for other established companies, also stating that I am not hiring right now, but you are more than welcome to submit your information. I replied stating to her that I am not a newbie as you say, I have been in this field since 2007, and wish to acquire my ...

I'm Used To Doing Ops, But I'm On An Account Now With Only
Oct 19, 2009

Once i get used to the dictators and names, is it possible to reach the same production as when I was doing ops?  I have access to prior reports, so that's helpful. I know I need to tweak my glossary to include more non-op terms.  Any other productivity tips to make a non-op account super productive? ...

Something Is Up With My Account At MDI
Nov 24, 2009

I am not sure if this is going on with your accounts, but I have noticed on my primary that there are a lot of old reports in there, from days and days ago.  A few weeks back my team leader said ignore those TAT times because they were pulling old stuff for "training."  It started with DS, and now I notice that there are old H&Ps and Consults in there.  So I am wondering if they are training Transcend employees to do my account, maybe VR, or I guess it could be the hospital tr ...

Looking For Account
May 22, 2011

Did anyone ever contact a hospital after your account was lost to find out where it went and you were still employed with the former MTSO that had the account.  Concerned about doing this if the hospital were to contact the MTSO and still employed there but not overly happy anymore.  I would rather keep this confidential until I at least find out if the new MTSO is even hiring for the account, etc.  ...

Is Anyone Else On A KS Account That Only Gets
Oct 13, 2011

We are supposed to do 12 reports/hour but the work is not there.  I no longer respond to the e-mails where they say they want to help you get more work and not make peanuts.  What joke! Not only that my lead has been on cherry picking when there is hardly any work.    ...

Looking For A New Account ...
Oct 02, 2012

My state medical association publishes a monthly journal with a Classifieds section at the back.  There's a section for Services Available where there are ads for EMR companies, billing services, and a couple of private MT ads. A small ad would cost me about $45/month and it would also appear on the online edition.  I'm just looking for 1 or 2 new clients right now, and thought this might be easier & cheaper than mailing out brochures. Do you think this is a good idea a ...

My Own Account
Nov 28, 2012

I am in discussion with a doctor's office to do their transcription.  This would be the first time I would have my own account.  How do I find out the going rate of transcription in my area?  I would like to be prepared when discussing this with the office.  Thanks in Advance! ...

OOW On NEW Account!
Dec 28, 2012

out of work, AGAIN!!  The other account I had has TONS of work this morning.  I'm about to go back over there and get some lines in!  Why take me off an acct that has TONS of work to an acct that has NO WORK?????? ...

Bye Bye Big Account
Mar 28, 2013

Received email stating that one of my accounts which I was always under the impression was a very LARGE account will no longer be using Nuance.  ...

We Have An Account
Mar 17, 2014

QA & I've noticed the errors that QA finds are getting more petty to the point of ridiculousness just over the last couple of weeks.  "The" when I heard "A" or "A" when I heard "the" - just sheer craziness.  I assume they are gearing up for the 99.7% accuracy rate change.  I figure I'm a goner soon, so I'm just typing my little fingers off in the meantime.  Just my vent ...

My Account
Feb 27, 2015

Give me back my account please! ...

I Am On A New Account.
Mar 13, 2015

I cannot get anyone to answer my e-mails. Due to not answering my questions I will not be working extra.  ...

When Your Account
Apr 16, 2015

is 3 days behind, don't you wonder why accounts you have never heard of are coming into your que?  Not to mention, the accounts that are coming into the que are not out of turn around (i.e., are current almost up to the hour).  ...and did I mention my account is three (3) days behind!  How is this helping anyone? ...