Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A few thoughts - Sm

Posted: Jan 7th, 2023 - 2:27 pm In Reply to: .. - kasey

You will need physiology and the practicum with a registry to sit for CTR exam. (Job in registry for a year woukd work)

Between the choices.

Registry is more detailed and more specific as to disease process and anatomy/physiology issues. Are you currently an MT? My 30 years MT has proven invaluable as to basic knowledge. But, that said, the knowledge we need, I frequently say to myself, "if I had wanted to be a doctor, I'd have gone to med school!" It can be overwhelming, but there are a lot of different levels that you can be successful. There is ALWAYS something new to learn.

IMO, medical records, HIM, is more repetitive, corraling of large groups of data with basic details. You could pursue the position that audits records, but I think it might take a fair amount of experience to get there.

If you want a management position in HIM, you're going to need a degree, maybe a master's. (Big time positions... 100-150k) you can prolly worm your way around with experience, being good and the AA... top out 70k?

I can't remember if you wanted to work at home? CR definitely, if so.

And, I think you are no more than 35?

I might do either at that age. There are some good degrees for CRM that could land you on top of CR, in-house positions or management in outsource companies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)