Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Pay scale - Anonymous

Posted: Nov 29th, 2019 - 8:45 am In Reply to: It was more lucrative for some transcriptionists to be paid by the line - sm

For years, the pay for transcriptionists, on site as well as for the services, has not been standardized. I had one on-site job that paid an hourly wage plus productivity incentive, then went to pay per transcribed minute, then back to hourly, our pay topped out much higher than 13 or 14, that was the starting wage years ago. I don’t know how transcription companies could charge any other way than by the line, otherwise it would not have made sense for anyone to outsource, but they undercut everyone to the point that no one could justify keeping people on site. One reason line rates have decreased is because of cheap offshore labor. I don’t think it’s possible to compare MTSO to transcription pay because on site jobs are so rare these days and some of them are more like admin. assistant jobs where an MT does a lot of different things.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)