Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MTSOs: A little courtesy and respect goes a long way. - If not for us, you wouldnt have a business. SM

Posted: Jul 18th, 2019 - 11:24 am

So how about a little bit of courtesy when speaking to us whether in person, on phone, or by email/text.   Keep the snotty, beachy tone out of your voice and drop the attitude.    QA or managers, that goes for you too.  If we weren't here typing you'd have nobody to QA or manage, so then you'd be doing the typing and catching the attitude.  Lighten up. 

Also remember speech wreck can't do what we do.  Scribes do the same thing as we do, they are MTs with a different name and a little different way of doing the same work.   We know you're paying them the same lousy wages, so don't give us that excuse you can hire a scribe to replace us. 

You may have built that business, but we keep it going for you.  Remember that.   Despite what you think about how wonderful you are that you built your own business from nothing and been around for  however many years, we keep your bank account filled when we type or edit the work for your clients who are the basis for your business.   

We're not asking for company secrets of what you're charging the client,  we're not asking to look at your bank account.  Don't try to cheat us, use us for backlog cleanup and then claim the work isn't good enough, don't lie to us, don't accuse us of lying, being careless, lazy, stupid, or anything else unless you have proof we've done something wrong.

No wonder some of you are slammed on here and criticized and attacked.  You've only yourself to blame for it.  Treat your people like crap and word gets around.  One or two people might be disgruntled, but many people with the same complaint shows a definite problem with any MTSO.

When you criticize us for errors in our work, look back on your own emails and your own work.  I've caught a couple MTSOs over my career who criticized or fired me for  "bad" or "careless" work but then I've seen mistakes in the work they typed when they use it for samples sent to us or they've missed things when doing QA on us. 

We're not asking a lot.  Only to be treated with some decency and respect.  The same as you want to be treated. 

To my current MTSO:  I know you're on here and read this site.   I'm about ready to walk out, so as much as you claim how valuable I am to you maybe act like you realize that fact. 

You can replace me with another MT, true.  Treat the next person badly and they will do the same.  You waste your own time and money when you behave like this.  I don't know why some of you don't wake up and realize that fact.  Maybe you like wasting your time and money.  It's probably the power trip some of you are on. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)