Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

It would really help - sm

Posted: Jul 15th, 2018 - 9:24 am

I bet we all have a favorite list of these, lol.  But it is driving me crazy getting audit feedback saying I should have expanded or left something not expanded based on Client Profiles.

Most Client Profiles, if they're going to say anything about it, are going to say NOT to abbreviate saturation to sat, atrial fibrillation to Afib, alk phos, and so on.  Most of them are going to say they want cc changed to mL based on current Do Not Use lists, and I have never seen one say specifically to leave it.

So instead of making me read through an entire Client Profile to see if they want sat expanded to saturation, why can't I just expand it?  Who cares if it's OK to leave it?  It would save me all the time of reading a big long CP just for that one little thing!  Same with Afib.

If it's not a verbatim account, who cares if we expand those kinds of terms?

It looks more professional, and the key to all this is that I have never read a Client Profile that specifically said NOT to expand those terms or change cc to mL.  If I could just go ahead and do it, I would not risk missing something and annoying the clients who actually say they want them expanded or changed.

It's in my expansion list, it takes me less than a fraction of second to expand or correct, versus the time it takes to scroll down through a CP looking to see if they specifically ask me to.

Usually these just make it onto audits as feedback, but honestly it makes you feel like you need to spend all day looking through CPs to check on things that would be so much simpler to just go back to doing automatically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)