Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I got an invite too, and am going to pass. - sm

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2018 - 1:30 pm In Reply to: iMedX Aussie Test Invite - Gertrude

It's getting more interesting the longer this conversation goes and I'm holding back just to see the story unfold.  My main reason for not doing it is the taxes crap; US taxes, OZ taxes, and I'm no mathmetician so it's just too much hassle as far as I'm concerned.  I was an IC a few years ago, 63% went to taxes, and I made what I'm making now as a part-time employee at a low line rate.  Add to that OZ taxes, conversion rates, etc., it's just not for me.  Along with social security, I stay in the black, but there aren't many life perks, which I'm ok with.  Skype is the other issue; I don't have it and don't want it.  I just don't feel like chasing kangaroos, no matter what they pay.  I chase all the foreigners I can deal with now, only have to do 1 account, and even though I get aggravated sometimes to the point I could spit fire, I'm not jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  I'm glat they posted the job info, it's been an interesting read if nothing else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)