Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Need a new board - No longer a job seeker but interested

Posted: Jun 17th, 2018 - 11:32 am In Reply to: Need a new board - for outlooking job seekers

I would like it simply because I like to read about other's experiences. I was in my late 50s when I was laid off from a job of 18 years but was rehired fairly quickly for another position within the same organization. I went on a lot of interviews before anything clicked but never felt jerked around or lied to. I never had good feelings about working for any MTSO so ruled that option out early on, even though I had multiple offers. I received resume help and additional job skill training through a local Skill Source office. I also completed a coding program but ended up not pursuing that avenue. Speaking to work ethic, I work in a fairly large department with an age range of probably late 20s, early 30s, to a few of us in our 50s and 60s. In my group, I would have to say that some of the older people are the ones lacking work ethic, for some it's a lack of attention span, I think due to all the multitasking these days with cell phones and texting. I wouldn't generalize about the youth market, and I couldn't speak to employers throwing up their hands. When looking for work, it depends on geographical area and just applying for what's out there, your suggestions could not be very specific. With the transcription jobs, it seems as if there are a lot of people competing for a limited number of openings. I'm more interested in information in regard to preparing for retirement, applying for Social Security and issues surrounding that. I've also struggled with dealing with interpersonal relationships in the workplace and relating to people much younger than myself, office power plays and cliques, things of that nature. Maybe we could have something called workplace issues, although people don't seem to have trouble discussing things on the other boards as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)