Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Training - Sandy

Posted: Jun 17th, 2018 - 10:18 am In Reply to: Can you tell me more about the training period? - sm

You work with a mentor as an intern. This is a period where you learn the Aussie way, get trained in InScribe, etc. This period can last a few days to weeks. It all depends on you, your skill level and how quickly you catch on. I was an intern less than 3 days. You have a dedicated mentor in this period and you need to work within their shift. If you want to work 3 hours it's fine, if you want to go 8 that's fine, too. The only restrictions are that you work with your mentor on their schedule and that you produce a minimum of 400 lines that first week and have at least a 90% accuracy rate, yes 90%. The next step is a junior. The junior works independently but all of their work is automatically submitted to QA for review and feedback. You are free to choose your hours and days in this role. You have 5000 lines to get your average up to a 98.5% at which point you become a senior MT. You can work any days, any hours the only restrictions are maintaining your 98% accuracy and generating 1000 lines a week. Each level achieved in training brings you up to the full line rate. Once a senior, they offer a 5% bonus for exceeding, I believe, it is 12,000 lines a month. The feedback you get is helpful and informative. There are also resources on the in-house website to simplify things. It really is a wonderful place to work. I would encourage people to apply, if you are truly tired of the way things have been downtrending in the US in our industry, you will be so glad you did!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)