Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Considered renting out a room? - Linda

Posted: May 25th, 2018 - 7:58 pm

As an MT for 40 years, the last few have been a financial nightmare, being single, trying to keep my home, utility shut offs, over-draft charges, threats to put home up for auction, cases of Top Ramen and food banks. What a shock it has been after a career that brought in enough to make ends meet. On top of that the damage to our self esteem by manipulating managers and QA that is so off the wall you can't keep up with it with many different accounts. 

This past year, I've pretty much given up on MT for a service, but still check Indeed for that rare job working for a hospital or office. I ended up having to rent out my basement, which has a bedroom, living room bath and laundry with use of the yards and kitchen privileges.  The man is going through a divorce and has a 10-year-old son.  It has worked out very well for both of us who were really struggling. We all ge along well and I finally have enough to pay the bills and split utilities.  It has been pretty relaxed in comparison to the MT life that was a constant struggle. 

I did this before when younger and had to kick my insignificant other to the curb.  What a relieve it is in my 60s having help around the house as part of the deal!

Anyway, sorry for the length of this, but just thought it may be something some of you can consider to get away from MT. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)