Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Mostly outsourced but getting worse. Regarding their - pay, however. sm

Posted: May 21st, 2018 - 9:53 am In Reply to: So MModal is mostly outsourced?? - Hmm

They are now outsourcing in the US for lower line rates.

I was making 9 cpl for ST and 5 cpl VR when I left 2 years ago. That sounds like a lot, but 9 cpl or 5 cpl for nothing equals nothing. You were required to stick to a strict schedule, however you could not make a decent line count during your schedule. They did not provide that amount of work, so basically you could sit at the computer 10-12 hours or more waiting for 8 hours worth of work. Pay cuts, benefit cuts, increased requirements, and all the stupid web sites you have to go to for PTO, if you could keep enough, NJA situations, and on and on and on just got so ridiculous. I have been around quite a long time as an MT and it was very hard for me to take this place seriously as a real job. Not only working nights, weekends, holidays, sitting there with not enough work to make ends meet, but then "mandatory overtime." Are you kidding.

Okay, I liked my account and platform, so I stayed for a while. Then when the ugly and nasty emails starting coming on a daily basis that did not even pertain to me, I was getting tired of it. Then when I HAD to take off one time, I got threatening emails. I simply stated, I HAVE TO GO. This is not a request, it is a heads up that I WILL NOT BE HERE. Then I got an email from some time goddess who said, "I will approve it this one time. No more. You are unfair to your 'team'." Really, I don't know anyone who works at MM as an MT. How are we a team? LOL. As an employee this company gets away with these things. Last straw for me. Left without 2 weeks notice.

Since then I have become an IC doing ST for 8.5 cpl. I make more than I ever did at MM for 9 cpl. Plenty of work. Very small company. No nights, weekends, or holidays. Take off when you want with notice. Very flexible schedule. No audits. No nasty emails. No inactive time threats. You have to mail in a quarterly payment to IRS determined by an accountant. That's it. Never been so happy. I am so glad to be free of that place. I am sure my account was probably outsourced to a small MTSO for 6 and 3 cpl. It is scary, but sometimes you just know you gotta go no matter what. The relief of all the stress is unbelieveable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)