Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

No need to denigrate - futurecoder

Posted: Apr 24th, 2018 - 10:03 pm In Reply to: Discussing the downside - Coder

There is nothing unhealthy about being fully aware of what's going on in the coding industry - good or bad. I don't know if you've worked in the MT field, but I'm one of those MTs who’s "had a decade to get out of MT" and didn't because I was "too busy hand-wringing." The reality - for me, anyway - is that I was earning a good living doing a job that I loved, not wringing my hands. When the time came where I could no longer earn a living, I made the decision to move on and coding is the direction I've taken.  I'm currently taking the CPC course through AAPC and I hope to get a coding job as soon as I get my certification. 

When I read the article that the OP posted, I of course was alarmed because this is the sort of thing that's been going on in the MT world for years.  I posted a link to one of the FB coding boards and asked if this was a growing trend in coding.  It's a valid question.  I want to be informed and know exactly what I’m getting into, and anyone who is in school for coding, thinking about coding or already employed as a coder needs to be informed about the industry.  You have to educate yourself, plain and simple. It’s what a professional in any field does.  There were a few people who replied to my post and then within days the post disappeared.  I'll be honest, I was shocked.  There is not one thing wrong with being informed and asking others in the business about industry trends or what the future might hold in medical coding, so I was confused as to why the post was removed. 

There are no guarantees in life.  Those of us who’ve been in the MT field are understandably skiddish about job security, outsourcing and advances in technology.  We are not trolls “obsessed with rehashing our old misfortunes and recreating them in our future”, and we’re also not looking to be alienated.  We are people in the midst of a career change who want to know both the positives and the negatives from the working professionals in the field.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)