Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Brave New World - Norma Rae

Posted: Apr 9th, 2018 - 2:07 pm In Reply to: mayo - ann

Two issues get conflated: (1) technological advances; and (2) outsourcing to companies who do not pay a living wage. I wouldn't expect a facility to pay a transcriptionist when there is a more efficient solution that can be achieved with technology. However, when facilities send work to outside services who pay their employees minimum wage and treat them with utter disrespect, that is unconscionable.

When they furlough MTs they will often say it is because of technology, but you will notice that they begin outsourcing jobs.

They need to be honest about that. I have always questioned why a healthcare facility would compromise their patients' PHI to save some money. I'm sure most MTs are very honest, but might a disillusioned MT working two jobs who is looking at bankruptcy might be tempted to consider extralegal income enhancements?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)