Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I've Tried - Twinsmom

Posted: Feb 21st, 2018 - 12:34 pm In Reply to: Has anyone had the courage to ask their - sm

I work for the client, and when our MModal rep mentions difficult doctors to me, I do go talk to them. It has gone up the chain of command as far as the VP of Operations with one doc. The fact is, some just don't care. We have one doc who is a royal PITA. He will talk so fast you are lucky to get 1 word out of 10 clearly, but he doesn't care. He only wants to see as many patients as he can in a day and get home. Some doctors try. They really do, but maybe there are speech impediments (one doc stutters when he dictates) or they get in a groove and forget it isn't the same person typing their stuff day after day. But unfortunately some are just jerks. I worked for MModal for a while before my current job, so I know both sides of the situation. At least with our facility, it isn't a lot MModal can do. They contract with our entire system - 12 hospitals and 4000 providers, and they cannot contractually not single out individual providers. And our providers are also protected by their contracts. As long as the documentation is complete, no disciplinary action can be taken. So long story short, I can't speak to other systems or even other facilities in our system, but I do work hard to make sure our providers know the importance of clarity and accuracy of dictation. Unfortunately not all of them care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)