Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Radiology - Purl

Posted: Feb 15th, 2018 - 2:45 pm In Reply to: RADIOLOGY - J sin

I, too, went from acute care transcription in a hospital setting for about 15 years to radiology transcription for an imaging center about 10 years ago. When I told the recruiter I was concerned about the transition, she handed me a small (and old) radiology terminology book and told me I'd be fine with just that one book.

She was right. Within a week, I was transcribing all types of radiology reports with ease. After about 3 years, I was also bored out of my skull. I found it to be extremely repetitive and some days just completely burned out. I eventually left and went back to acute care transcription for a local hospital.

That being said, I was being paid hourly for both acute care and radiology. Now that I'm paid on production, I would crawl through broken glass on my hands and knees to get a repetitive and boring radiology gig.

Live and learn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)