Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Black Friday Shopping - It could be worse

Posted: Nov 24th, 2017 - 9:49 am In Reply to: Today's Job status: No work. Go Black Friday shopping - with what money???

It was probably meant to be a generic statement. I wouldn't take it so personally, and no, they probably don't know how little you bring home. Don't go shopping if you don't want to. Watch a movie, read a book, work on a craft project, visit a friend, volunteer at a soup kitchen, help out at the animal shelter, do what you want, enjoy your day off. My supervisor did the same thing (we knew we had the day off) and told us to enjoy shopping and time with our families. I never shop Black Friday but I certainly didn't take it personally. My day consists of getting snow tires, washing the car and grocery shopping but I didn't expect anyone to know that, nor do I care. Try to have fun and don't let someone's idle remark spoil your day. If you wanted to know if you would be working, you could have asked and not waited for someone else to tell you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)