Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Classifieds Board

More importantly look at who or what they - mention in ad

Posted: Oct 1st, 2017 - 3:25 pm In Reply to: Moderator, please get rid of this ad. These people - are operating out of India

coders and billers, which I always thought would be easier for the Indians to replace than MTs. Because it is just technical and not hampered by a language/American English barrier. But isn't that what VR was REALLY for? Do the first cut so the Indian MT could successfully edit (finally).

If our elected officials were more concerned with the average citizen and not pandering to large corporations, they would protect American jobs. A simple tariff used for retraining American workers displaced by such practices would help.

How are we going to do what Americans have historically done, consume, and buy their bits of junk either made in China or here via automation (worse yet), if we don't have an income? (Although the Chinese are stepping up.) Protecting existing, if you can't create more, American jobs should be their first priority. Who do they think votes in this country little people or corporations? I know Citizens United gave corporations freedom of speech protection from the Bill of Rights, but come on, don't let that be the precedent. Enough!

Oh, here's some good news. The small town I live in, pop 9000ish, is courting Tyson for a processing plant (thought that was being outsourced, too?). The city is going to raise 500 million dollars to get them to come. 500 million dollars divided by 9000 oh let's say 10,000 and that is how much per person? That's 50,000 to each of us (including children I guess parents will cover their kids' contribution. I don't know how much time we'll have to come up with it. But I have some really bad news regarding my 50,000 contribution to lure Tyson and their WONDERFUL employment opportunity to SE Kansas (Not surprised by the location, are you? You shouldn't be.) for as long as they care to stay. Like Amazon, Southwire and the rest who come take, make $$, then leave the citizens high and dry when the city quits forking out subsidies or free electric.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)