Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

nuance layoff - hobbyhorse

Posted: Sep 13th, 2017 - 11:53 am

Heads up those who still have your jobs.  Take your PTO or cash it out now. When they lay you off, they dont pay it unless the state law requires it.  Also, on their severance package they sent, double check your calculations.  Mine was wrong.   They go by part time of 20 hours or full time 40 hours, not however many hours you are scheduled to work in the week.   The calculation to use is 20 hours or 40 hours (whichever you are) x your state's minimum wage x4 weeks.  The calculation they sent me was half of that.  When I contacted them about it, they said they were aware of the situation.   DO NOT just sign off without checking that.  They also forgot to attach the actual sign-off sheet for the severance (which has a deadline) and are supposed to resend it "later on".

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)