Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

You have a point there, the transcription part of - Nuance is not valued, just a line item

Posted: Sep 12th, 2017 - 7:27 pm In Reply to: Absolutely not, dear. - What I do hope, sm

Which is something to be cut to provide Nuance Communications with more profits.

I would love to get bought out by an actual transcription company, although from what I hear MModal is just as bad if not worse, don't know what their excuse is.

I have a feeling that when we had that cyber attack Nuance offered incentives to the facilities using their MT services to use their software to automate to the extent they could pretty much limit or do away with transcription anyway.

Also, perhaps they find it cheaper/better to subcontract the MT services to smaller MTSOs who use ITs and everybody gets to wash their hands of providing anything resembling employer/employee relationship thus saving $?

From what I can tell, no one in my entire platform was dumped, so it can't be only those who are not performing OR those who filed complaints over the bonus/OT issue.

I am guessing it has more to do with those accounts who still want to retain MT, or at least some MT, and those other accounts who either learned to do without during the attack or Nuance has sold/lost those accounts to other MTSOs.

Hard to say, they will never tell. Now that they have done this, at least I am more prepared for it to happen to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)