Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Coding IS ALIVE - CODER, used to be MT

Posted: Sep 11th, 2017 - 5:02 pm

Not sure why everyone keeps saying coding is a dead industry and going the way of transcription. I was an MT for 20 years and made the decision a few years ago to get into coding and don't regret it. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO BEING AN MT. The coding industry is alive and well and THRIVING. There are so many avenues of coding to specialize in. The pay is great and you work hard for every penny you earn as well. It is NOT easy to find a coding job but if one perseveres, they will find one. I didn't find one for almost a year after I got my credential and it was very frustrating but worth it. So, my advice is, if you hate your MT job and feel like they treat you like dirt and don't pay you worth your salt, take the time and invest in another career because I don't see the MT profession getting any better. I enjoyed being an MT for the first 10-15 years and then started seeing the signs ahead of time and knew I had to do something. Don't wait, step out in faith and train in something you enjoy, whether it is coding or another path. The MT frustrations take years off a person and not worth the heartache...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)