Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Life after Medical Transcription - New Former MT

Posted: Sep 10th, 2017 - 6:50 pm

I am anticipating an offer tomorrow to do insurance fraud transcription outside the house! I tried it out for a day; they liked me; I liked them and it's very different from what I have done for more than 2 decades, but it is really interesting. Some of it is workman's comp insurance cases, some fender bender cases, and also a little private investigation thrown in.

This was the first time in 20 years I have had a face-to-face interview or have  worked outside my house and, yes, I was VERY nervous. I can make as much (or more) in 3 days (it's part-time) as I am making now working full-time.  The job is also paid by the hour....no more minimum LPH to worry about, no more VR, no ESLs and no QA to tell me how lousy I am at transcription (after 24 years of working in this field).  There are no benefits, but I'll be making enough to pay for our insurance and that's okay. The stress, alone, in MT has been too much for the last few years, to the point that it's affecting my health and well-being.  The hardest part of this new job will actually be getting dressed, putting on makeup and leaving the house (without my pajamas!) 

I know it's not possible for some of you to do that because of kids, taking care of aging parents (which I had been doing also) or your own disabilities, but I've been searching for almost a year and was getting very discouraged, depressed and angry.  I am almost 61 years old, sent out dozens and dozens of resumes, and FINALLY something came through that seems to be a good fit for me.  I found this new job on Indeed, which I signed up for and got daily emails with leads, and this one was one of them.  Don't give up!  Don't be afraid to look outside of MEDICAL transcription.  You'll be glad you did.

Good luck to all of you!  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)