Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Suggestion for work outside of MT - Ranyart

Posted: Sep 1st, 2017 - 9:17 pm

So after Skyscription went belly up, I was desperado for $ and I applied to Companions and Homemakers.  Yes, it is out of the house, but you can set your own hours, accept or refuse assignments as suits your needs, no special training needed but our expertise in the medical field is an asset and sure comes in handy when interacting with the eldery.  I was hired instantly and I'm older (62).  Yes, it's an adjustment and certainly not my ideal job, but hey, I'm getting a paid a consistent wage and can work as much or as little as I want (and for full time they have benenfits), and I don't have to dress up and sit in an air conditioned cubicle.  There seems to be lots of work.  Just a suggestion if you're struggling - I know a lot of people relied on their MT income to actually live on, and us elders have age against us as well.  Such a sad turn of events for a once-thriving profession (I miss the 1990s and 12-18 cpl LOL - seems a dream now).   Anyway, good luck to us all (we're gonna need it)!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)