Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Modifiers - sm

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2017 - 7:32 pm

You know how docs can use modifiers now for billing when their operation takes longer than usual due to things that aren't their fault?

So I realized today that is what I need.  Maybe as an independent contractor I could have come up with something like this, but I am at MModal.  So, here goes:

Dear MModal, since my base pay rate is appallingly low at the moment and you are paying me for productivity, this is even more important.  I would like to have a billing modifier please.  Like the 22 modifier, for significantly increased reimbursement for "procedures that are unexpectedly difficult or time-consuming."

For all these jobs that take twice as long as usual for things that aren't my fault.  Bad audio that I have to replay at half the normal speed just to hear it.  ESLs or even native speakers I can't hear to save my life and have to rewind and basically all of this takes me twice as long as normal and costs me $$$.  Twice as much or more, to be specific.  This happens frequently throughout the day.

You penalize me on productivity??  Heck with that.  I already feel that on my paycheck.  What I need is a modifier so I can get reimbursed for all that extra time I just had to put in for issues completely beyond my control. 

Can we work this out with the hospitals?

Or, if you'd prefer, you can send these accounts to India so I will not have to use my modifier all that often.  You can leave me with the primarily native English speaking accounts that I used to have before we started offshoring.  That's fine, too.  Whatever you want to do, just don't tell India this was my idea, I get enough calls from them daily trying to convince me I am about to be sued by the IRS.  And no, that is no by no means to imply that all people from India are pretending to be holding money for me in a bank account in Nigeria or asking me to let them remote access my computer because there is a problem with Windows.

Thank you.  Have a nice day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)