Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Right. And it's a really good suggestion for a teacher. - Tutoring at the college level.

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2017 - 8:06 pm In Reply to: The suggestion to teach online was - xx

Long ago I made very nice money at it and could have made far better if I was willing to "help" more than was ethical. Nothing formal about it at that time. Just getting good grades and tutoring economics and English on campus at a local college eventually brought in requests from well-heeled students in colleges and universities all over Greater LA. Not that I was interested (no on-line teaching in those days), but the networking of my name was very interesting.

And of course, many working people are finding their written English skills are not up to the levels expected of them these days. A market there.

I posted the "new tech" jobs post, and tutoring could be very flexible and help fund a transition to a salaried position with good benefits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)