Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

First of all, take a deep breath. sm - Lexi

Posted: Jul 20th, 2017 - 11:24 am In Reply to: Notified am on PM - need pep talk

There are many steps to performance management. Which one are you on? That may tell you how much to worry right now.

Secondly, you're very smart recognizing that the worst thing you do right now is dwell on THIS because it interrupts your focus.

Everyone makes mistakes. It is impossible to think anyone can do this, or any job, perfectly 100% of the time. When it happened to me, it helped me to remember that.

It can be scary, but also freeing to realize that much about any given job situation is beyond the employees control. We are "at-will employees," which means we can be terminated without reason, actually, anytime.

Try very hard to compartmentalize this. What I mean is, while you are working, just try to focus the best you can with every single job. Give yourself 10 or 15 minutes a day, outside of work time, to obsess as much as you want to about OMG! What If I'm Fired? What Am I Going To Do?!!! Then, put it in a virtual box, nail the lid on it, and get to work.

I'm pretty sure you know how to do your job, and I'm pretty sure you're good at it. Just do THAT, because, really, it's all you have control of.

All of that said, it never hurts ANYBODY, ANYTIME to have Plan B, whether it's written down somewhere, or just a sort'a kind'a plan in the back of your mind. If I lose this job, THIS is what I am going to do. If it makes you feel better, dust off and revise your resume so it's ready to go the minute something unfortunate happens.

Remember, too, no matter what happens, YOU are going to be okay. We are survivors.

I know how you're feeling, and it's awful. We beat ourselves up pretty badly over a mistake. When this happens on top of it, it feels crushing in the moment.

Breathe. Sending big hugs. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)