Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do it online - Sm

Posted: Jul 13th, 2017 - 8:06 pm In Reply to: Sending taxes to IRS quarterly - Luckyacew1

There's lot of information on IRS.GOV, look under self employment and estimated quarterly payments. From what I read, I thought the payments were due quarterly and if I didn't pay enough at least quarterly, I might owe late penalties at the end of the year. I know I read here some people pay monthly, so you can do that too.

I don't send checks. I send the payment online. Search for payment options on irs.gov/payments. On irs.gov, read form 1040-ES, lots of information there, even vouchers if you want to send a check via snail mail.

For my state, I went to the state tax website and it said if my estimated tax for the year is less than 500, I don't have to make quarterly payments. Last year I was an employee and made much more than I expect to make this year and my state tax owed was less than 500. So I think I'm OK there. You might want to check your state's tax situation though.

But as always, take this advice with a grain of salt, I'm not an accountant. Your situation may not be the same as mine. Best to consult a professional. I plan to do that too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)