Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Uninstallers - anon

Posted: Jul 9th, 2017 - 3:48 pm In Reply to: Another uninstaller program as well - nn

I have used Revo in the past with good results and they do have a free trial period before you have to purchase it. I also used Iobit temporarily as a patch during the WannaCry ransomware attack, and it walked me through closing some ports on my firewall which has turned out to be a good thing. Even doing a search for Kaspersky wouldn't find all the hidden files and folders on your hard drive. My choice would be to rely on an uninstaller.

I use Bitdefender Free antivirus. I for sure don't love that it's in Romania, but it has the same antivirus engine as their paid version without all the parental control stuff, and now it has a ransomware engine as well in the free version. I know it will cost me many accounts, but I swear I will not allow any remote installations by anyone anymore ever! If I can't download it myself from a link, sandbox it myself, and verify it clean by myself, then I'm just not doing it. For all the stress and hassle, for the horrible pay, just not worth it anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)