Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

What I recently did - OP

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2017 - 7:49 pm In Reply to: I wish we had AT&T in this town - needing help

I have recently "cut the cord" as much as I could. My phone, internet and TV bundle was around $150 a month and a cell phone bill of $50 a month for a cell phone I seldom used. I ordered a flat indoor antenna however, because I live too far from the TV towers, I was not able to get any reception and I rent so a roof antenna was out of the question. I called my phone company last week and transferred my landline # to my cell phone. Landline went bye-bye and for TV I now just have the BASIC local channels. I bought a Roku stick last year ($40) and use that for streaming television programs. I am "playing" right now to see which service I like best, but for 20 a month for one service I get 425 channels from ALL over the world. Another service is $10 a month and right now, just lacks TLC, but they are working on it. Another service that I signed up for is $15 a month but has movies on it that are RECENTLY released (I watched Boss Baby last weekend). I found most of the information out on Facebook with various groups that cater either to the Roku or the Amazon Fire stick. There are SO many people that have gotten sick and tired of what the cable companies are charging and are "cord cutting" just like I am. My TV and internet bill is now down to about $50 a month!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)