Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Here's what I did - see message

Posted: May 25th, 2017 - 5:10 am In Reply to: Would it be better, do you think, to only include the - biggest and best companies on a resume SM

When I listed companies and dates on my resume, I did something like the following:

1980-2005 Remote medical transcriptionist for various national companies, including xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx. Company buyouts and mergers, as well as technology and offshoring, strongly impacted the American workforce. Further details provided on request.

Can't remember the exact words. Some potential employers were interested and asked questions, others didn't. For those who did, I had a prepared upbeat statement (so as not to get bogged down or emotional) about the current state of MT and how those skills could easily translate into the position for which I was applying.

For the record, I eventually got out of MT and work for a hospital. I was just thinking this morning that the negativity and entitlement of long-time employees were about to kill me. Every single day there seems to be an incident that results in somebody ignoring me and refusing to speak. Once an employee said to me, "Leave me alone. You don't exist." Ouch. Wrong words. Let me add that I'm a pretty enthusiastic and competent employee, so I'm tied up in knots most of the time. It's true that doing MT from home for years impacted my social skills significantly, but I work very hard to be cooperative and cheerful. Maybe it's just the world in general?
I'm holding my breath until I can retire. Can't get there soon enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)