Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Testing Question Re: Blanks - vin

Posted: May 20th, 2017 - 6:59 pm

Let's say you're taking a transcription test, and you end up leaving several blanks like you would for QA as you repeatedly try to decipher a difficult dictator (ESL).  Is this counted against your grade typically?  Now this is the kind of situation where if you could access old reports from the same physician, you would be more easily able to identify the indecipherable/slurred speech.  Further experience with that same dictator would also naturally help you to improve.  I hope they allow for some leeway here in the grading assessment.  When I applied at Infraware, the dictators were not ESL, but I only achieved 83%, which makes me wonder if I'm in the wrong profession after all these years. 

I guess it's ultimately subjective and impossible to answer, but I hope this doesn't dock my grade too much and thus my chance for contracting with this company.  Thanks to a big MTSO stealing the work from my small-time MTSO this month, I am being forced to find another one with which to contract after 12 years.  Without a replacement, it's either bankruptcy or relying upon the charity of others starting next month (or, rather, both). 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)