Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Furthermore, 21 states raised their minimum wage - and my state was one of the highest

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2017 - 10:09 pm In Reply to: Spot-on, excellent reply. - Dying_Industry

Within a couple of years, the minimum wage in my state will be such that I cannot produce enough lines at 4 cents per line to get those dollars per hour. Then they have to pay what is termed "make-up pay." While it hasn't been said yet, I suspect that once that time comes I will be fired because I cannot do 2700 lines per day to make what the minimum wage will be at 4 cents a line. And then they probably just won't hire anybody from my state, rather than raise their crummy 4 cents a line to something higher. When MTSOs paid better line rates, there was never any talk about "make-up pay." It's only since they have been paying such cheap wages.

So that's a potential example of how you might be treated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)