Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Technology Replacing MTs - AngelEyes MT

Posted: Mar 16th, 2017 - 4:10 pm In Reply to: NO - Nm

I've been an MT for 20+ years. Used to be an amazing career being part of documenting patients' medical stories! And the move to working from home was icing on the cake. However, the advancement of speech recognition technology is replacing MTs. The hospital I worked for implemented an electronic medical record that incorporated a speech engine with the goal to completely eliminate transcription as a way to cut costs. Physicians are required to use the EMR speech engine and do their own report editing. The transcription for the remaining specialties that had not moved to EMR was outsourced, along with the remaining MTs. I'm now making less than half what I used to make and I'm searching for a second career. In my personal opinion, unless physicians revolt or the cost of EMR documentation errors becomes too great, medical transcription is on its way to becoming extinct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)