Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

.wav - Ecoecho

Posted: Mar 13th, 2017 - 2:09 am

I do transcription for a living. I receive .wav files from my main client and I can play them fine in my Olympus software and using the pedal. However, I need to take on new peeps to handle the volume of work and herein lies a problem.

Most people doing transcription use Express scribe - either the free vesion or the paid for version. I used to and was able to play .wav files. I switched to Olympus when I began working with a client who recorded on Olympus. 

Now, I need to send work to these new sub contractors. One HUGE problem. None of them can open and play the .wav files that have been forwarded to them straight off my email server. Nor can they open and play them if I save the files as VLC or All Files [no other options] and then upload them to Dropbox for them nor if I then email them.  

I am at my wits end. HELP! I am going to lose the client.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)