Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Response - MT

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2017 - 6:28 am In Reply to: General VS Medical - mamarae40

I had been surfing the internet, searching "general transcription companies", which is how I came across the one that charges $3.99/audio minute for STAT reports. They CHARGE the customer that much; I'm sure they don't pay the worker nearly that much. My point was that we are working to make these companies so rich.. I submitted an application to TranscriptionHub, received a 10-minute report to transcribe, with thick Australian accents. I could not figure out what they were talking about, so could not research it. It had something to do with finance. I also applied to Transcription for Everyone. They pay 45 cents per page, but they also charge the transcriptionist (or deduct from pay) any collection fees they incur when collecting payment from their clients, they pay you when they get paid. They have a lot of specifications. The application process is laborious and long, includes legal transcription. I was impressed with the owner's video, and they offer a further video course for $99, which is optional. This seems like a good opportunity to learn general transcription if you don't need to earn a lot of money at first. I then applied at another MTSO, was offered the job, but after further research, decided to decline. I think I'm finally burnt out with medical transcription, have developed a general dislike of everything medical. I haven't decided whether general transcription would be a good option, but I think it could be very lucrative for someone who could get her/his own clients.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)