Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

General vs Medical - MT

Posted: Mar 2nd, 2017 - 5:56 am

Some time ago, I was researching general transcription companies on the Internet and some listed their rates.   I found these very interesting.  I recall that on one, the least amount charged was $1.29/audio minute for a report with a TAT of 5 days.  There was a range of charges which depended on TAT, with $1.29 per audio minute being the lowest and $3.99/audio minute being the highest.  A STAT report would be charged $3.99/audio minute.   This week, I completed an 18-minute STAT job where I currently work as an MT.  With 264 lines, it paid me $19.80.  A similar job, stat, at that $3.99/audo line rate would have paid me $71.82 if I had my own company and charged those rates.  Of course, I'm sure the general transcription company does not pay their transcriptionists $3.99/audio minute for STAT jobs.  But, really, do customers really pay this much for transcription?  If so, we're really making these companies rich, DUH.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)