Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If anyone can - Reality Bites

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2017 - 7:49 am In Reply to: if anyone can, maybe - anon

You are misinformed regarding HIPPA laws and outsourcing of medical records. My facility used an offshore vendor for transcription and I read the service agreement. They are required to comply with the same HIPPA rules and confidentiality rules as the United States. When we sent work, we never included SSNs and only enough information for them to identify the report, they did not have access to the entire medical record. All of our email was encrypted. I think that most MTSOs follow due diligence when sending information, they all have service agreements with the vendor that include HIPAA compliance. Hacking occurs onshore as well as offshore. Please explain what "another country with a huge chunk of our medical records work could do to our healthcare system at a moment's notice." I hope you are right about Trump but he is going to have more important issues on his plate than medical transcription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)