Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

25 cpl - anon

Posted: Jan 3rd, 2017 - 12:49 am In Reply to: 25 cpl? Who the heck ever made that? LOL. - n/m

I thought the same thing, until I saw your post. Then I suddenly thought, hmm, 10 cpl for straight transcription, plus shift/weekend/holiday differentials (I made 25 bucks every night differential with Mxxxxx, back when they actually honored the contracts they signed in "good faith" -- that was $500 a month), plus occasional overtime, plus incentive bonuses for high production, plus holiday gifts (sometimes cash, and I still have the flat screen monitor Mxxxxx surprised me with as a thank you). So, yeah. Actually 25 cpl overall for those of us who were killing ourselves nights/weekends/holidays even back then might not be too far off.

Which makes me consider for the millionth time how differently this evolution might/should have been handled if the usurpers had had a shred of compassion for their fellow human beings who helped make their comparatively opulent lives possible. Like being honest about what was happening and why, the real forecast for continuing employment and earnings, providing transitional education and placement to ease us into suitable new jobs or, best of all, to find a way to incorporate such an awesome workforce of super-high-IQ proven achievers with such an amazing skill set into the evolving "family" some of us have toiled for for literally decades. But no. We are an embarassment to them, because they know full well what they have done to us and what they owe us that they can never repay.

To be fair, I don't think the overseers have ever had an idea themselves how long our jobs would last; they probably don't yet.

Still, it's never too late to make it right. We all really want to work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)