Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I feel literally sick over this at the moment - MT

Posted: Jan 2nd, 2017 - 1:43 pm

Got hired for a second MT job to add to my main job so I could eat. They didn't have enough work (the second one). Kept at it.  Interviewed for a third job so I could pay the rent and school loans. Hired at one, turns out they fool with your pay according to a grid. Said no to that.  Hired at another, they never contacted me for training after weeks of my waiting, said there was a communication problem with HR.  Finally got an interview with another who put the interview off twice and waited today for the call for the promised interview which never came.  Got an e mail the second job was upping the line requirements (that didn't have enough work) for us to do or they will drop our contract. I am sitting here like a zombie. My landlord is angry I am having to split the rent twice a month though I have not bounced a check in 5 years. He won't speak to me. They will take the car any time because I am behind in payments for waiting for this third job to take flight. I am beside myself. What the heck is going on.  And no I'm not getting a job outside because I am finishing my advanced degree and don't have time to commute aside from everything else so don't start up with that.  Is it so terrible to want something steady.  Is it so terrible to want an accepted job to start on time.  Or is it so terrible for the job interviewer to call when promised.  I ate two pieces of chocolate pie today and that was all I am so stressed about it.  And the no answer from the landlord after I sent more check well that about did it.  Do these MTSOs realize our landlords, car loans, lights, utilities do not understand about how we are treated and get tired of our excuses not believing how we are indeed treated? Where are the ETHICS in our field. We once were touted as our talent worth our weight in gold. Now we are trash. Well I'm just disgusted. That's all. Thanks for listening to me. I wil survive and so will we all but to not even start a person on a job b/c HR and training is messed up, or to not even call when an interview promised, that's just messed up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)