Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

For 2od2MT2 - sm

Posted: Dec 6th, 2016 - 2:36 pm In Reply to: Thanks for your response - 2old2MT2

Please do not be depressed. I am in the same boat as you. Was crying to my husband about how a profession I love has gone down the toilet. I used to love MTing but it has changed so much and the pay is hardly worth it anymore. Here is what he said: Celebrate. With your age advancing, so are the opportunities to do exactly what you want to do instead of what you have to do. I will soon be able to take SS early. I can work part time, full time, 2 part-time jobs. It is hard now and has been for the last few years, but we are getting closer to being able to call the shots and control our lives. Maybe I will stay in MT, maybe I won't. I hate to wish my life away but I will be glad when the day comes that I am not so dependent on these companies.

Find something you love, not like, not have to do, but something you truly love. Supplement that in whatever way you choose. Relieve your stress. Work at a boutique, a florist, something that makes you feel good. Do not lose faith and do not be sad. Do what you can actually do and don't worry about what you can't do.

I did say a little prayer for you when I saw your post. Let go of the stress even for a little while and have yourself a very Merry Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)