Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

here's my opinion - anon

Posted: Nov 11th, 2016 - 5:16 pm In Reply to: Asking opinion on Andrews vs. CS - Weighing options

First of all, I'm not trying to sell Andrews over any other school. I can give you some of my experiences in the Andrews program.

I was hoping to finish the program in a year. But working full time, I've been in their coding program for a year and am a little more than halfway through. It's very difficult material to learn. I've gotten discouraged and not pushing myself to be either working or doing homework every waking hour. I've used extensions which are included, otherwise I would have been burned out and quit. That's just me though, I'm sure other students have finished it way more quickly. I personally would not choose a program where I had to graduate by a certain time or else have to pay more. I have enough pressure on the job as an MT.

Second, about so-called snippy answers from instructors, I wonder if they have that tone because so many of the answers the students could have found for themselves. I've had a ton of questions but only emailed my instructors maybe 3 or 4 times. I've spent hours trying to find the answers myself before resorting to emailing them. I figure all the info I need I already have in front of me, just have to learn to find it. It's time consuming, yes, but better learning experience. If I were in a physical classroom and could raise my hand and ask a question, then absolutely I would ask more readily. I haven't had problems with turnaround time when I asked my instructor a question. But again, I only resort to emailing them if I'm completely stumped and have exhausted all my own research. If something isn't clear, I go back to the textbooks, over and over and have usually been successful in finding the answer, where I went wrong, what I misunderstood, etc. If you have to ask a question every little whipstitch, you probably need to be in a classroom.

I have found the instructors to be thorough and helpful. I would not label their responses snippy but to the point. They will clear up anything you are confused about but will also point out how you could have/should have found the answer. And they are right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)