Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

No cell coverage - Firedup

Posted: Oct 19th, 2016 - 6:19 pm In Reply to: Neighbors..OP please read - Backwoods Typist

I appreciate your advice. Unfortunately we do not have cell coverage here. We have been promised for years, but nothing yet.

My Kindle does display one other WiFi, I think from approximately a block away. It requires a password of course. Also, they will have a 1.2 maximum download, with an average 0.2-0.6 during times of heavy usage. In my house, in order to work, I have to turn off/unplug any other WiFi connections, such as Kindle or our Fire TV box.

Amazingly, the Fire TV box does manage to get us Netflix, even with that horrible speed. We were down to 3 channels after the switch to digital, when we lost our 3 big networks out here. (Supposedly blocked by mountains).

I pay $75.00 a month for the phone line and "high-speed" internet. What a rip off.

I got offered a job with Amazon, which I really wanted, but they require a minimum 10 download speed. I cried over that one.

So thanks everybody for the advice and taking the time to share. I am unhappy not to be working, but happy not to be tense and worried all the time about what's going to happen, what new pay cuts are coming, which FIESA nonsense is going to bite me in the fanny, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)