Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'd keep the full-time in-house job...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Oct 18th, 2016 - 4:03 pm In Reply to: Stay put or come back as IC at home? - MT Ethel

in medical records because it is a guaranteed hourly rate and you probably have vacation/sick pay and a fairly reasonable health plan included. Once you've built up some longevity at the hospital, you'll be able to bid on other jobs there that you might like better. As an IC, doing ASR, it would depend on the line rate, the platform, the work types, and the quality of the dictators to know what you'd make hourly; but I suspect it might only be around minimum wage, then on top of that, you have to submit your taxes quarterly (unless you have a husband/domestic partner who can have extra taken out of their pay). You'd be responsible for both parts of the employment tax, your half in addition to the half your employer used to pay. If you've never done ASR, it might take a little while to get the hand of it and build up your speed. In the end, you'd probably make next to nothing and also have to find your own health insurance. Weigh the pros and cons of both jobs; but if it were me, I'd opt for in-house hourly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)