Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

Good questions - here's my experience - StillAnMT

Posted: Oct 17th, 2016 - 6:35 am In Reply to: New Speech Recognition Editing Account ? - Elf again

I too had no experience in SR editing. I really thought that was where job security was, so I finally was able to get an online job doing that. I very quickly found out that it did take longer to get a line count. It is very difficult to get in the middle of a sentence and fix it. It was faster to type it myself - but I was only getting paid half. I quit very quickly.

the software that is needed for these SR programs is extremely cumbersome. A lot of mouse clicking. Cannot make complicated macros or complicated hotkey program entries. Because you do not save that work on your local computer, you have no way of verifying the line count that the program comes up with so no transperency there. Those "web-based platforms" are nothing more than glorified e-mail programs (at least at the transcriptionist's end).

The company I did this for (and quit very quickly) encouraged me to continue with it saying I would get faster. I know that I would have gotten a little faster, but the potential for a higher line count was not there.

95 characters per line at 4 cents is the same as 2.72 cents per 65-character line. I would have to live in India to make that work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)