Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

AAPC/AHDI - Old Hand

Posted: Oct 16th, 2016 - 5:17 pm In Reply to: AAPC versus AHDI - any information?

I was a member of what is now AHDI when it was simply AAMT (American Association of Medical Transcriptionists), a group started by a bunch of California MTs focused on being better MTs. I stopped being a member when it began to look like a bunch of political types were going to take it over. The last straw was when they put a lobbyist in D.C. so I stopped my membership. I really wasn't interested in being certified by an organization I didn't respect so that part didn't matter to me. When the same people changed the name to AHDI, I knew the organization was done for as anything I would ever want to be part of. My experience has been that if the name is pure jargon - come on, we're MTs - it's not an organization to trust with being interested in the members themselves. The fact that nobody objected to their taking the MedQuist settlement money (except the MTs, of course) and their willingness to take it - in return for useless AHDI program materials and even a time-limited deal at that - shows you what kind of people run that organization - none I care to be associated with, I can tell you.

As for AAPC versus AHIMA, to me they both seem good so I think it depends on what your focus is - AAPC for clinics/doctors' offices and AHIMA for hospitals. My sense has always been that AHIMA may be a little more rigorous. I've observed both, though, and would be happy to be part of either if I could afford the dues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)