Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Don't do it! You will pay thousands in tuition - for a minimum wage job if you can find a job.

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2016 - 2:05 pm In Reply to: Training/school -online - Alc

Do due diligence and read the forums by MTs really working in the field. Don't dismiss them as being from people who are disgruntled for petty or personal reasons. They ARE disgruntled but for very valid reasons.

The field has been taken over by a few large companies in the last few years and there is no longer flexibility or pride in the work. It has been replace with sweatshop working conditions and many MTs are leaving or getting fired to make way for the jobs to be outsourced to overseas workers.

I have only been in the field for about a year and have left Medical to do general transcription where I can make more, have flexibility and a lot less stress. You do not need a school for general transcription. Just learn to type well and use transcription equipment. No need for a medical transcription certificate for that.

Medical transcription class will take you approx around a year or min 6 mos if you work at it full time. In that time, most all of the jobs will be gone and you will have wasted your time, money and in the off chance you sign on with one of the big sweatshops,you will be in misery.

I am writing this so you don't make the same mistake I did. There is a reason colleges stopped offering medical transcription and the only schools left will promise you a world of opportunity -- don't believe it. They are only trying to eek out a few more students until they close shop and disappear too. AHDI, beware of them as well. They are a paid 'mouthpiece' for the big sweatshops and are in their pocket and support sending our jobs overseas. They are scum and do NOT represent the best interests of American MTs.

Please do research.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)