Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

I appreciate your help, Old Anon. I post a question here - OP

Posted: Sep 30th, 2016 - 1:47 pm In Reply to: Hi OP from Old Anon...SM - Old Anon

once in a blue moon and I always appreciate any all answers. I even try to answer questions myself when I have time.

I just don't get this dog eat dog attitude that seems to be rampant on this site. I used to mentor new MTs for an online MT school years ago.

When I was fresh out school, a very gracious MT supervisor hired me with no experience to work in the office at a hospital where I was mentored by her and other MTs on staff. We learned from each other, sharing new terms, procedures, etc. that we came across.

Now no one wants to help anyone else. We're paid on production and not very well, so we've become selfish and just downright hateful!

I would agree with you that Tippy is probably the newbie. In my experience it's the babies, fresh out of school, starting their first of many jobs, thinking they aced the test, got the job, and now they know everything! And that's true in all professions!

Thanks again for your help!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)