Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VR - lynlou

Posted: Sep 26th, 2016 - 6:40 am In Reply to: I disagree a bit with this outlook - LMT

I agree with LMT, the VR software is far from perfect, hence the need for editing. Even if it were perfect, humans are not perfect. When they dictate, they make mistakes. Those mistakes need to be caught before they end up in a permanent record. Editing your own work is not a good idea, as we tend to not see our own mistakes.

I use Dragon to echo dictate at times instead of straight typing and even with training it properly and speaking correctly, it is about 95% accurate, not good enough to produce a record without significant editing. Remember also that doctors are sold the idea that they can continue to dictate like they always have when using VR. That is one of the inherent problems with VR. If you do not speak correctly, garbage is what comes out.

I also think MT services would be required in the legal field, as hospitals and clinics obviously do not care about the quality and accuracy of our medical records. Errors abound in VR, especially the front-end VR that no one is verifying for accuracy. We as MTs know what to look for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)